Improve your results with Amazon audits
The importance of conducting Amazon audits
There are a number of reasons why conducting audits is so important:
Improve ROAS: When your Amazon PPC campaigns are working effectively, they are your greatest asset in attracting buyers and increasing your conversions. An ineffective campaign with poor cost management can quickly spiral out of control and waste your ad spend, while also being ineffective at bringing in the sales needed for you to improve your RoAS. For example, we may uncover an ad that is no longer performing well and draining your budget, which should be removed from the account.
Identify New Opportunities: The competitive and dynamic nature of Amazon means new opportunities to capture untapped audiences are constantly popping up. For example, it is possible our keyword research will reveal new high-value keywords to target that will in turn increase your conversion rate and sales. By bidding on keywords that actually attract an engaged audience, you can also decrease your CPL.
Amazon Audit Process
1. Account structure revision
We always start off an audit by examining your ad account and campaign structure to ensure they are optimized for performance. This includes:
- Evaluating the way that campaigns and ad groups are organized.
- Checking that there are no duplicate campaigns or ad groups within the account where you are bidding against yourself for the same keywords..
- Assessing how many of your campaigns are automated versus created by your team
2. Account configuration revision
Next, we will look at your ad campaign settings to ensure you are getting the most out of your campaigns and that everything is set up correctly. This step includes assessing the following:
The ad budget should be reviewed to make sure that it is adequate for your campaigns.
Instead of relying on automatic targeting, we recommend manual targeting to give you more control over the allocation of your budget to high-performing keywords and enabling you to upload negative keywords to avoid ad spend wastage.
Bidding should be set at match type level so it is allocated proportionately between broad and exact match types. Higher bids should be placed on keywords that are performing well or that show potential to drive sales based on keyword research.
Amazon offers different ad types including Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands and Sponsored Display ads. We will need to determine if the most effective ad type has been selected for each campaign based on the type of product sold and the audience that you intent to reach.
Finally, we will examine your ad placements on and off Amazon, and whether they need to be reconfigured to reach a wider audience.
3. Optimization Routine Revision
We will discuss your optimisation strategy and frequency to capitalise on missed opportunities to improve campaign performance. This could include periodically analyzing your Search Terms report for top-converting keywords and untapped long-tail keywords that can be used in both your PPC campaigns and product listing copy.
4. KPI analysis
It is not possible to understand how your campaigns are performing without evaluating various metrics. The KPIs we focus on during an Amazon ad campaigns audit are: ACoS, Total Revenue, Gross Profit and Average Order Value. These metrics help us determine whether your campaigns are driving sales and producing a good ROI. Comparing these metrics to historical performance data can also allow us to see whether your targeting and bidding strategy is still effective or whether it needs tweaking.
For example, if your ACoS exceeds your total revenue or if your CPC is higher than your AOV, your campaigns are not effectively driving sales and are in fact causing your business to lose money. The significance of each metric to your business will be tied to your goals.
5. . Keyword Strategy
Analyzing your keywords is an essential component of an Amazon ad audit as it allows us to pick up on any red flags. We examine metrics like CTR, clicks, impressions, CPC and keyword match types in order to uncover potential issues that could be wasting your budget on ineffective keywords. For example, keywords with a lot of impressions but very few clicks can be added to your negative keyword list so they don’t trigger your ads when someone uses them in their search and waste your budget.
1. Relevance: Amazon’s algorithm will try to surface products that are most relevant to the search terms that a customer is using.
2. Performance: Amazon takes into account the sales and conversion rate of a product when determining its ranking in the search results.
3. Customer reviews: Positive customer reviews can help improve the ranking of your product.
7. Final recommendations
To optimize your product listings for Amazon SEO:
1. Use relevant and specific keywords in your product title and description.
2. Provide detailed and accurate product information.
3. Use high-quality product images.
4. Encourage customers to leave reviews.
5. Optimize your pricing and availability.
6. Display related products to boost the sales. Related products can be a useful way for customers to discover new products that they may be interested in, and for sellers to promote their products to a wider audience.
Why Choose Indaru?
As media audits experts with an in-depth knowledge of the Amazon advertising platform, we are well-positioned to help you run regular campaign audits to optimise the structure and settings of your campaigns to ultimately drive increased revenue and gross profit for your business.
Our team have successfully optimised campaigns for businesses across a range of industries and have a keen eye for detecting potential campaign issues before they arise. We are also committed to ensuring your Amazon ads comply with best practices to avoid costly penalties and poor performance.